Please do not proceed until you’ve read and understood the statements below.
- Due to the overwhelming demand of families wanting to adopt Labrador and Golden Retrievers, your wait time to adopt could be very long.
- We are trying our best to get dogs to families, and your patience is appreciated.
- Please READ THE ENTIRE BIO FOR THE DOG BEFORE CONTACTING US TO ADOPT. Everything you need to know about the dog and our process is in that bio.
- If you have any agenda besides giving a dog a fantastic “furever” life, please stop right now and leave! Attempts to defame WCLRR or its members will be dealt with legally. There are plenty of other rescues, shelters, or breeders to help you find a dog for your family.
- Apartments, townhomes, and condos may have an increased wait time for having one of our dogs placed with them. We’re not saying you won’t be considered, but please understand, the majority of our dogs require a yard and a lot of time to exercise or play.
- We cannot adopt dogs to families outside of the Southern California area.
- All agreements and contracts use DocuSign for signatures and archival purposes. WCLRR cannot mail any forms, agreements, or applications to individuals.
- Our social media pages and website are for entertainment or informational purposes only. They do not wholly reflect all the families who have adopted from WCLRR and should not be used as a precise measurement of that metric. Some people don’t like their picture taken, or we don’t have a picture, or the one we receive isn’t usable. Yes, we really had to say all of that.
- The only colors WCLRR sees are Chocolate, Black, Yellow, Creme, Golden, with a spattering of Silver. We do not base our adoption criteria on race, religion, gender, political affiliation, or lifestyle choice. WCLRR does not request nor maintain any information regarding those demographics.
- Your wait time, especially for a dog between 3 months to 3 years old, maybe considerable. WCLRR does NOT use “wait queues”. We’re all about the dogs, so we only place a dog with a family we feel is right for them. Some adopters have waited over eight months and applied for as many as six dogs before the right one became available.
- Lastly – Nothing guarantees you will receive a dog.
Please click the button below to proceed to our dogs. By doing so, you understand and agree to the items above and that you may have a considerable wait time after applying and having your home interview.